AC PLC strives to be an industry leader when it comes to sustainability. The government has set a number of environmental targets for the UK’s construction industry to ensure the country can reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net-zero by 2050. We commit to consistently innovating to ensure we stay one step ahead of the game and reduce the environmental impact of our work.
At AC, we are committed to doing our part towards protecting the environment. This includes:
- Preventing pollution.
- Using sustainable resources wherever possible.
- Mitigating the effects of climate change.
- The protection of biodiversity and ecosystems.
To do this, we commit to:
- Work in partnership with our suppliers, customers, and sub-contractors to source sustainable products and minimise waste, such as reducing the amount of materials and packaging sent to landfill.
- Responsibly manage the consumption of energy and raw materials as an organisation.
- Identify and quantify our environmental impact and continue to set targets to reduce this.
- Ensure compliance to all environmental legal requirements and industry standards.
- Mitigate the creation of nuisance from our operations that may impact local communities.
- Minimise the need for AC PLC employees to travel and use public transport if available when required.
- Provide information and training to ensure employees and sub-contractors understand our environmental policy.
Our environmental policies are communicated to all employees that work for and with AC PLC. We also make sure to adapt our policies for every country we operate in and follow all local rules and laws.
What Steps are AC PLC Taking?
These are some of the changes that we are making to ensure we contribute to global change and set a high standard in our industry:
Ground Source Heat Pump
The power in our head office is generated solely by a ground source heat pump which is an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional energy supplies.
In our offices, we aim to reduce paper waste to a minimum. When this is unavoidable, we look to recycle as much as possible.
Through innovation, we have been able to create less waste and produce fewer carbon emissions. Our unitised solution requires less transportation. This minimises energy use on sight and means we can effectively control waste.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
We endeavour to contribute towards all of the 17x United Nations Sustainable Development Goals that cover an aspect of what we do. Below are each of the goals that we are able to make an impact on.
- Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all.
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation.
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Protect, restore, and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss